Zookeeper >> mail # user >> curator service discovery, search to Select a service intance

+
Yasin 2013-01-28, 20:10
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-01-28, 20:15
+
Yasin 2013-01-28, 20:41
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-01-28, 20:56
+
Yasin 2013-01-28, 21:15
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-01-28, 21:24
Re: curator service discovery, search to Select a service intance
This will work if we think each rack as a different service. But now the
service retrieval becomes problematic. Event though I think each service as
a different service, I should think all the service as a single service. We
still need to keep on that id numbering thing. I mean rack1 might have ids
from 1..32, and rack2 might have 33..64. So I still need to find a node
whose id is best for the client, either has the same number or next smallest
one.
Another approach would be to classify nodes into, say 10 clusters, and put
each node in an appropriate znode. For example,
root/cluster1_1000/node1,...,root/cluster1_1000/node1000,
root/cluster1001_2000/node1,...,root/cluster1001_2000/node1000, and soon. If
the service gets "getInstance(245)" it will know that the desired node will
be in root/cluster1001_2000/. Then I will use some heuristics to retrieve
some nodes, sort them based on their ids, and find the most appropriate one.
How about this idea?

Thanks

Yasin