Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Current status on getting to a release for 1.6.0

Re: Current status on getting to a release for 1.6.0
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey+[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> I'm trying to get an estimate of when 1.6.0 will be ready for RC.
>
> If you have a few moments, could you take a look at the remaining open
> tickets[1] and call out any that you would consider a blocker?
>
> The one that immediately jumps to mind is ACCUMULO-118 and its related
> subtasks.
>
> Keith and Eric, I think y'all have been the most affiliated with that work
> to date. How stable / burned in do you want the HDFS-spanning feature to be
> before it goes into a release? Could we scope it down and consider the
> initial release of it a preview?

ACCUMULO-1832 -  This can impact users using a single namenode.  If a user
runs into this problem and the utility does not work, then Accumulo could
be down for an extended period of time.  Seems like it would be best if the
utility were well tested and documented.  ACCUMULO-2052 is related, I am a
bit uncertain about recommending viewfs://.  I have only done a bit of
testing w/ viewfs.

ACCUMULO-1771 and ACCUMULO-1772- These will only impact users attempting to
use multiple namenodes.  I suppose we could punt on 1772.

If nothing is done w/ ACCUMULO-2061, then we are stuck w/ behavior after
releasing 1.6.0.

I am going to try to address 1771 in the next few days in some way. After
that I will look at 1832 and then maybe 2061.