Flume >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Experimenting with gerrit

[DISCUSS] Experimenting with gerrit
Hi,

Since it has been some time since we moved to git, I think now is a good time to experiment with review tools that integrate well with git. I'd like to propose that we experiment with gerrit. Gerrit has the ability to commit the changes directly to the repo once changes are +1-ed. This way we will be able to enforce the RTC policy in a much easier way, and also we can avoid accidental commits from the local repo getting pushed. I am not sure how the hosting would work, but gerrit as it is is ASL2.0 licensed (http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/). I have never used it before, but have heard reasonably good reviews of the tool, especially its direct commit functionality.Please post your thoughts on this thread.
Thanks,
Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan