Zookeeper, mail # user - leader election, scheduled tasks, losing leadership

+
Eric Pederson 2012-12-09, 04:17
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-12-09, 04:25
Re: leader election, scheduled tasks, losing leadership
Eric Pederson 2012-12-09, 04:49
Actually I had the same thought and didn't consider having to do this until
I talked about my project at a Zookeeper User Group a month or so ago and I
was given this advice.

I know that I do see leadership being lost/transferred when one of the ZK
servers is restarted (not the whole ensemble).   And it seems like I've
seen it happen even when the ensemble stays totally stable (though I am not
100% sure as it's been a while since I have worked on this particular
application).

-- Eric

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why would it lose leadership? The only reason I can think of is if the ZK
> cluster goes down. In normal use, the ZK cluster won't go down (I assume
> you're running 3 or 5 instances).
>
> -JZ
>
> On Dec 8, 2012, at 8:17 PM, Eric Pederson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > During the time the task is running a cluster member could lose its
> > leadership.

+
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-12-09, 04:52
+