HBase, mail # dev - HBase cluster replication firewall rules

Re: HBase cluster replication firewall rules
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-05-06, 17:58
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:20 PM, Levy Meny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using HBase replication (over Apache 0.94.2) between two sites and
> we need to define firewall rules between the two sites.
>
> Can anyone provide some information regarding the ports that are used
> between the sites?
>
> sure. replications is push oriented from site 1 to site 2 I believe so
outbound and inbound ports need to be done correctly.

> Our understand is:
>
> Replication is from site1  to site2.
>

> *         Region Server (site1) to Region Server (site2), port 60020
>
> Site 1 pushes data to site 2 here, so site 1 needs to open outbound to and
site 2 needs to open it inbound.

> *         Region Server (site1) to ZooKeeper (site2), port 2181
>
> yes, 2181 is the default zk client port, and site1's rs's need to be able
to contact this to get to the rs's in site 2 it should ship to.

> *         ZooKeeper (site1) to ZooKeeper (site2) Which of the following
> ports do we need: 2181, 2888, 3888?
>
> ZK in site 1 and ZK in site 2 are separate quorums and do not directly
talk so the peering ports (2888 and 3888) do not need to be opened.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera