Drill, mail # dev - AWS AMI for Drill M1

+
Harri Kinnunen 2013-09-24, 20:10
+
Ted Dunning 2013-09-24, 21:02
+
Timothy Chen 2013-09-24, 21:04
Re: AWS AMI for Drill M1
Harri Kinnunen 2013-09-27, 11:15
Hi,

still tweaking around with this one …

Tried with Oracle JRE. The previous version was on OpenJDK JDK.

Oracle actually seems to take into account the XX:MaxDirectMemorySize java parameter. And thus sqlline refuses to start on Amazon Micro Instance.

However, without the parameter sqlline starts fine. And at least simple queries on test data execute.

Is there a reason why we have the parameter there? The parameter talks about "max" direct memory. I would understand "min" (as a sort of system requirement). But "max"? If we don't have it, will it hog all resources, or something even more sinister?

I'd rather have this on Oracle (I guess it should be considered as the "reference" JRE…).

Cheers,
-Hari
On 25.9.2013, at 0.04, Timothy Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ya I had to set the DRILL_LOG_DIR to somewhere in /usr/local/ in my Whirr
> scripts setup.
>
> Tim
>

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Harri Kinnunen <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> JAVA_HOME=/usr/bin/java
>>

>> Also has a problem the log directory not being writable.

+
Michael Hausenblas 2013-09-24, 20:20
+
Ted Dunning 2013-09-24, 20:55