Kafka >> mail # user >> Reply:Bad user experience when out of box

Re: Reply:Bad user experience when out of box
SuoNayi,

Do you have the Kafka Server running?   The Producer will need to find a
Broker that is registered within ZK for it to publish messages.

So like in the Quick Start this is still a required step

*bin/kafka-server-start.sh config/server.properties*

/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
*/