HBase, mail # dev - HBase backups

HBase backups
Karthik Ranganathan 2011-10-19, 15:34

Hey guys,

There seemed to be a fair amount of interest in the Hbase backup solution, so I created HBASE-4618 as an umbrella task for figuring out how to opensource the backup solution we are building internally, and continue building the rest of it in opensource itself.

One small question: There is a fair bit of definitions, architecture overview, setup instructions, etc that we put in an internal wiki… wondering what is a good place to put them? The purpose of this is for people newly wanting to investigate Hbase backups (what they are, how to setup, etc) as well as a reference location for people who already know about Hbase backups but want to lookup the steps to set them up. Javadoc may not be the ideal location for this.

Thanks
Karthik