Hive >> mail # user >> HWI use on AWS/EMR

+
Tony Burton 2013-01-18, 15:54
+
Dean Wampler 2013-01-18, 16:06
+
Dean Wampler 2013-01-18, 16:09
+
Tony Burton 2013-01-18, 16:20
+
Ariel Marcus 2013-01-18, 16:15
+
Tony Burton 2013-01-18, 16:26
+
Ariel Marcus 2013-01-18, 16:31
+
Tony Burton 2013-01-18, 17:00
Re: HWI use on AWS/EMR
This should be localhost instead of proxy:

- In Connection/SSH/Tunnels I’ve added 9999 in the Source Port box, *
localhost*:9999 in the Destination box. Not sure if this is correct.

Best,
Aril

---------------------------------
Ariel Marcus, Consultant
www.openbi.com | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
150 N Michigan Avenue, Suite 2800, Chicago, IL 60601
Cell: 314-827-4356
On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Tony Burton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> ** **
>
> Ok, thanks Ariel (and Dean in the next email!)****
>
> ** **
>
> I’ve set up PuTTY (v0.62) as follows:****
>
> - EMR instance hostname in the Session/Host Name box (port left at 22, ok?)
> ****
>
> - In Connection/SSH/Auth I’ve added my private key file, downloaded from
> AWS ages for this account.****
>
> - In Connection/SSH/Tunnels I’ve added 9999 in the Source Port box,
> proxy:9999 in the Destination box. Not sure if this is correct.****
>
> ** **
>
> Hit the Open button, I can connect. (And I can see my changes in
> hive-default.xml, so I know I’m in the right place:)****
>
> Then pointing my browser at http://localhost:9999 I get the same timeout
> again. Have I set up everything right?****
>
> ** **
>
> Also, following good advice I copied the config changes to hive-site.xml.
> How do I stop hive so I can restart with ‘hive –service hwi’ so that it
> picks up the new config?****
>
> ** **
>
> Tony****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> ** **

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
recipient named above. It may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original
transmission and all copies from your system.
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-01-18, 17:07
+
Tony Burton 2013-01-18, 17:17