Hive >> mail # user >> Lag function in Hive

Re: Lag function in Hive
Hi Karan,

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't one. It's also unlikely to
happen because it's hard to parallelise in a map-reduce way (it
requires knowing where you are in a result set, and who your
neighbours are and they in turn need to be present on the same node as
you which is difficult to guarantee).

Cheers,

Phil.