Hadoop, mail # user - The method setMapperClass(Class<? extends Mapper>) in the type Job is not applicable for the arguments

+
Ronan Lehane 2013-02-09, 17:57
Re: The method setMapperClass(Class<? extends Mapper>) in the type Job is not applicable for the arguments
Harsh J 2013-02-09, 18:09
Whatever "csatAnalysis.MapClass" the compiler picked up, it appears to
not be extending the org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Mapper class. From
your snippets it appears that you have it all defined properly though.
A common issue here has also been that people accidentally import the
wrong API (mapred.*) but that doesn't seem to be the case either.

Can you post your full compilable source somewhere? Remove any logic
you don't want to share - we'd mostly be interested in the framework
definition parts alone.

--
Harsh J
+