Hadoop >> mail # user >> The method setMapperClass(Class<? extends Mapper>) in the type Job is not applicable for the arguments

+
Ronan Lehane 2013-02-09, 17:57
Re: The method setMapperClass(Class<? extends Mapper>) in the type Job is not applicable for the arguments
Whatever "csatAnalysis.MapClass" the compiler picked up, it appears to
not be extending the org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Mapper class. From
your snippets it appears that you have it all defined properly though.
A common issue here has also been that people accidentally import the
wrong API (mapred.*) but that doesn't seem to be the case either.

Can you post your full compilable source somewhere? Remove any logic
you don't want to share - we'd mostly be interested in the framework
definition parts alone.

--
Harsh J
+