Hive, mail # user - Hive skipping first line

+
Tim Bittersohl 2013-05-22, 16:57
Re: Hive skipping first line
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-05-22, 17:16
Can u try doing a
Hive -e "select * from tablename"
See how many rows this gets u
Thanks

sanjay

From: Tim Bittersohl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:57 AM
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Subject: Hive skipping first line

Hi,

I got some little problem with the content of hive tables.
These table’s contents are generated by pig and do so have no header line, they are accessed as “TextFile” with an external hive table. When I fetch records through the java hive library (Version: 0.10.0-cdh4.2.0) with the “hiveClient.fetchN(rowncount)” command, it seems like he always skip the first line of data. (perhaps he’s expecting a header row?)
How can I avoid this?

Greetings,
Tim Bittersohl

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE