Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
Matt,

The scope of this vote seems different from what was discussed in the
PROPOSAL thread.

In the PROPOSAL thread you indicated this was for Hadoop1 because it is ANT
based. And the main reason was to remove saveVersion.sh.

Your #3  was not discussed in the proposal, was it?

It seems this vote is dragging much more stuff it was originally discussed.
I think you should suspend the vote, recap the motivation and then restart
the vote. As things are laid out at the moment my vote is:

-1 (It still seems an overkill to introduce a new runtime requirement for
building to replace a script.)
+1 (I think this is the right way to simplify the build)
-1 (AFAIK there is not such requirement at the moment, and if it comes it
would be in the form of an AM, which I'd argue it should leave outside of
Hadoop)

Thx

--
Alejandro