From: G.S.Vijay raajaa [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 01 February 2013 18:55
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Hive HBase integeration use case

Hi,

       I would like to have HBase as a data storage and use Hive for data warehousing.

The issue with the integration is,

The HBase table is composed of composite keys following the below structure:
HBase ROWKEY:  Hash(customer_id)+customer_id+time+event_id

 and

column: usage : value

The structure of Hbase rowkey makes every entry a distinct one.

Is it possible to split the rowkey and map them as columns of the hive table as explained below:

I am trying to create a hive table with the following column structure:

customer_id,event_id,time,usage

This will enable me aggregate data by grouping the column ( time or event_id)??

Any thoughts on the same??

If there isn't a direct handling by hive HBase integration, can you suggest any other means??

Regards,
Vijay Raajaa G S