HBase, mail # user - upgrading HBase 0.90.2 to HBase 0.94

Re: upgrading HBase 0.90.2 to HBase 0.94
Marcos Ortiz 2012-05-28, 15:40
From 0.92.2 to 0.94, you can�t use rolling upgrade,because the wire
protocol changed in these versions.
So, yo have to shutdown the cluster, install the new version, update the
HBase classpath and start the cluster with
the new version

On 05/28/2012 11:16 AM, Amit Sela wrote:
>  From what I read a rolling restart from 90 to 94 is not expected to work...
>
> I was thinking of a shutdown&  restart.
>
> If anyone did it, I'd be happy to get some pointers of what I should (and
> shouldn't) do.
>
> By the way, I'm currently running HBase with hadoop 0.20.3 - should it
> affect my upgrade plans in any way ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Ted Yu<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>
>> Are you going to use rolling upgrade ?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Amit Sela<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> I want to upgrade my HBase cluster (currently running 0.90.2) to 0.94.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to upgrade right away or do I need to install 0.92 first ?
>>>
>>> If anyone already did this kind of upgrade, do you have some tips and key
>>> notes ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Amit.

> http://www.uci.cu

Marcos Luis Ort�z Valmaseda
  Data Engineer&&  Sr. System Administrator at UCI
  http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com
  http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcosluis2186
  Twitter: @marcosluis2186

http://www.uci.cu