Pig >> mail # user >> Questions about pig-0.9.1 e2e tests

Questions about pig-0.9.1 e2e tests
Hi,
I am doing e2e testing to pig-0.9.1. Here is my reference: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/HowToTest
Please give your suggestions to following questions:
1. The tests needs a cluster which includes a Name Node/Job Tracker and three for Data Node/Task Trackers. Where is the cluster information saved? Are they saved in hadoop conf files?
2. I assume the tests need a hadoop cluster environment, and just install pig(low version and pig-0.9.1) and run the test cmds in Name Node.Name Node/Job Tracker to generate test data. Please correct me if I was wrong.
3. Is there any data transfer between nodes in clusters during generating test data and testing? If yes, when happened?

Thank you.
+
Alan Gates 2012-02-14, 14:53
+