Hive, mail # user - Map Reduce Local Task

+
Santosh Achhra 2013-01-08, 08:04
+
Santosh Achhra 2013-01-08, 15:11
Re: Map Reduce Local Task
Dean Wampler 2013-01-08, 15:59
That setting will make Hive more aggressive about trying to convert a join
to a local task, where it bypasses the job tracker. When you're
experimenting with queries on a small data set, it can make things much
faster, but won't be useful for large data sets where you need the cluster.

dean

--
*Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*
thinkbiganalytics.com