Hadoop >> mail # dev >> creating 2.2.0 version in JIRA

+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-06-21, 16:35
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-06-21, 16:48
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-06-21, 17:05
+
Jason Lowe 2013-07-02, 21:38
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-02, 22:54
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-07-05, 21:50
Re: creating 2.2.0 version in JIRA

On Jul 2, 2013, at 3:54 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We need clarification on this then.
>
> I was under the impression that branch-2 would be 2.2.0.

Sorry, I missed this thread - thanks to Jason for pointing me.

As we discussed, the idea was that we are not adding new features to the the beta release (2.1.x-beta) so that we can focus on stabilizing it and releasing as hadoop-2.2.0 i.e. GA of hadoop-2. See http://s.apache.org/lZ8.

Hence, by default, new features goto branch-2 with fix-version as 2.3.x.

Hope that makes sense. I'll fix branch-2 to set version to 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT to ease further confusion.

thanks,
Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy