From: Ian Holsman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2008 7:04 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: accessing the schema in a custom Storage UDF

Hi.
I'm trying to write a custom StorFunc to push data into a database.

I've come into 2 issues with the interface.

Firstly 'bindTo'. It assumes that I will be writing to a file. This
presents an issue for me as I'm not. I could use that spot in the
grammar to pass a table name or something though.

Secondly I'd like to be able to get the schema of the Tuple
(specifically the name of it) so I can create field/column mappings and
hopefully be able to store bags/maps as well.

any chance of getting the interface changed so we can get the schema
passed?

TIA
Ian