To add to the discussion, I think we should release more often, based on time elapsed rather than volume of change.
The more often we release, the easier it is to release.
Also that makes it easier for contributors to use their own contributions in official releases.
It is also probably a good idea to have a clean starting point before merging the Tez branch

That said, I think those changes by themselves are enough to warrant a minor release.

Julien