Kartik,

Looks like you're facing this issues:
What version of Pig are you using? The issue is fixed in 0.11.2 and 0.12.
So if you upgrade to these versions, your problem should go away.

If you're unable to upgrade for some reason, your best bet is to write a
custom UDF. But the general idea remains the same, write a regex to extract
the appropriate substring and project that from the UDF.
Unmesha,

Start a new thread with your question so we don't pollute this thread for
Kartik. Can you give some samples as well? I'm not sure I understood your
question.