Avro >> mail # user >> AVRO Path

+
Jason Rutherglen 2012-01-10, 21:02
Re: AVRO Path
There are no plans that I know of currently, although the topic came up
two times in separate conversations last night at the SF Hadoop MeetUp.

I think an ability to extract a subset of a schema from a larger one and
read/write/transform data accordingly makes a lot of sense. Currently, the
Avro spec allows for schema resolution which is sort of a degenerate
schema extraction/transformation at the record level without the ability
to address or extract nested elements.  An addition to the spec for
describing other schema extractions may be useful.  Further discussion
should probably be in a JIRA ticket or at least on the dev list.

-Scott

On 1/10/12 1:02 PM, "Jason Rutherglen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Are there plans for (or is there already) an AVRO Path implementation
>(like XPath, or JSON Path).
>
>Thanks!
+
Jason Rutherglen 2012-01-13, 19:01