MapReduce >> mail # user >> RE: Suggestions required for learning Hadoop

+
jcfolsom@... 2012-09-13, 18:27
+
Kevin Odell 2012-09-13, 18:37
+
Munnavar Shaik 2012-09-13, 19:19
+
Munnavar Shaik 2012-09-13, 17:37
+
Marcos Ortiz 2012-09-13, 17:54
Re: Suggestions required for learning Hadoop
I think the best place to start, as an admin, would be to look at what you
currently do : What tasks, if any, you've had to monitor, which are I/O
intensive... Are any of these amenable to distrbuted computing?  How do you
back up large data sets?  How do you process large data sets?  The
distributed computing problems that hadoop solves are evident in a lot of
non hadoop systems.  Also, understanding the basics of row level locking
and why it slows down relational database I/O would really help in terms of
getting a feel for the way hadoop really benefits.

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC