MapReduce >> mail # user >> dynamically resizing the Hadoop cluster?

Re: dynamically resizing the Hadoop cluster?
Hi, Ravi,

Thank you for the reply

Actually I'm not running HDFS on EC2, instead I use S3 to store data

I'm curious about that, if some nodes are decommissioned, the JobTracker
will deal those tasks which originally ran on them as "too slow" (since no
progress for a long time) so to run speculative execution OR it directly
treats them as "belonging to a running Job and ran on a dead TaskTracker"?

Best,

Nan

--
Nan Zhu