Hive >> mail # user >> ROW_NUMBER() equivalent in Hive

+
kumar mr 2013-02-21, 07:33
+
Owen OMalley 2013-02-21, 16:08
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2013-02-21, 16:17
Re: ROW_NUMBER() equivalent in Hive
Hi Ashutosh,
   I am interested / reviewing your windowing feature.  Can you be more
specific about which (a) tests and (b) src files constitute your additions
(there are lots of files there ;)  )

thanks

stephen boesch
2013/2/21 Ashutosh Chauhan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Kumar,
>
> If you are willing to be on bleeding edge, this and many other
> partitioning and windowing functionality some of us are developing in a
> branch over at:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hive/branches/ptf-windowing
> Check out this branch, build hive and than you can have row_number()
> functionality. Look in
> ql/src/test/queries/clientpositive/ptf_general_queries.q which has about 60
> or so example queries demonstrating various capabilities which we have
> already working (including row_number).
> We hope to have this branch merged in trunk soon.
>
> Hope it helps,
> Ashutosh
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:33 PM, kumar mr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>  This is Kumar, and this is my first question in this group.
>>
>>  I have a requirement to implement ROW_NUMBER() from Teradata in Hive
>> where partitioning happens on multiple columns along with multiple column
>> ordering.
>> It can be easily implemented in Hadoop MR, but I have to do in Hive. By
>> doing in UDF can assign same rank to grouping key considering dataset is
>> small, but ordering need to be done in prior step.
>> Can we do this in lot simpler way?
>>
>>  Thanks in advance.
>>
>>  Regards,
>> Kumar