Hive >> mail # user >> What does 'TempStatsStore' do ?

What does 'TempStatsStore' do ?
hi,

After upgrade to hive 0.7, I found there will a file named 'derby.log' and
directory named 'TempStatsStore'  be created every time I run the hive job .
What does these files do? Is there a way to prevent them created ?