HBase, mail # dev - [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

Elliott Clark 2013-08-14, 00:24
Any thoughts on HBASE-9121.  At it's heart it's just a version bump of
HTrace to 2.0 (fully released into maven central and available on
Cloudera's github).  The new version of htrace is modularized so that
hbase-client doesn't drag in any new dependencies on the client side.

Along with that modularization we would get the ability for 0.95/0.96
to relay to Zipkin producing some pretty useful info for stabilizing
the release(tracing is what found that scan pre-fetching was broken)
and very useful for our users.

For me I think that it's small enough that it would meet a higher bar
to get things into 0.95.  But since there were some thoughts on here
I've held off on comitting.