Hive >> mail # user >> Hive 0.7.1 with MySQL 5.5 as metastore

RE: Hive 0.7.1 with MySQL 5.5 as metastore
Sorry for the confusion, the problem is not with the MySQL version upgrade - I have indeed performed the upgrade by doing a mysqldump and restoring the data.
The problem is with how Hive 0.7.1 is interacting with the same metastore data on a different version of MySQL server.