HDFS, mail # user - Linux io scheduler

Re: Linux io scheduler
Chris Embree 2013-04-02, 18:24
I assume your talking about the I/O scheduler.  Based on normal advice,
only change this if you have a "smart" device between the OS and the
Drives.  A SATA controller usually qualifies.  I have our DataNodes to to
NOOP to reduce the number of layers.

As always your mileage may vary and you should do some testing on your own.