HBase >> mail # dev >> Compile does not work against Hadoop-1.0.0 - 1.0.2

Compile does not work against Hadoop-1.0.0 - 1.0.2
While trying with older Hadoop versions, I noticed that we do not compile
against hadoop versions older than 1.0.3.

I think the programmatic kerberos jaas configuration broke the compat:
The error is:

[ERROR]
/Users/enis/projects/hbase/hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/zookeeper/ZKUtil.java:[36,53]
cannot find symbol
symbol  : class KerberosUtil
location: package org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util
[ERROR]
/Users/enis/projects/hbase/hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/zookeeper/ZKUtil.java:[247,32]
cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable KerberosUtil
location: class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil.JaasConfiguration
Should we fix this, or just document the case, and not work with older
hadoop versions than 1.0.3

Enis