Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Shell documentation appendix

+
Christopher 2013-04-24, 22:04
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-25, 02:09
+
Christopher 2013-04-25, 13:40
+
Christopher 2013-04-25, 13:43
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-25, 14:13
+
David Medinets 2013-04-24, 22:35
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-24, 23:01
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 16:38
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-25, 16:48
Re: Shell documentation appendix
On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Billie Rinaldi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I noticed that there's a script that grabs shell output and builds an
> > > appendix for the user manual PDF. However, that doesn't appear to be
> > > automated as part of the documentation build profile.
> > >
> > > So, the questions are:
> > > 1) Do we need this?
> > >

> > For 1.5, it seems like we have the following options.
> >
> >  1. Update it to reflect the commands that exist in 1.5.
> >  2. Drop it.
> >  3. Leave it as is.
> >
> > Whats the current status of this documentation?  Is it based on 1.4 shell
> > commands?  If so then, option 3 would mean shipping 1.5 w/ documentation
> > for 1.4 shell commands.  Can option 1 be done quickly for 1.5?
> >

> Yes, it can be done easily.  The get_shell_commands script outputs a new
> appendix.  I'm happy to do this if we still think the appendix is useful.

If its quick and easy to update I think we should just do it for 1.5.  I am
not sure how we determine if its useful.  One way is to remove it and see
if anyone complains.

> > > 2) Does it need to be run manually?
> > >
> > > Also, I guess there's some extra steps to convert the LaTeX source for
> > > the PDF into HTML... regarding that:
> > >
> > > 1) are those steps documented anywhere?
> > > 2) can we automate that procedure?
> > > 3) do we even need it?
> > >
> > > Personally, I think it'd be better to just do the PDF for now, until
> > > we get Doxia or something similar working.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Christopher L Tubbs II
> > > http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

+