Hadoop, mail # general - Interesting: bigdata is a registered trademark

+
Shane Curcuru 2011-08-05, 01:13
+
Ted Dunning 2011-08-05, 15:54
+
Shane Curcuru 2011-08-05, 16:02
Re: Interesting: bigdata is a registered trademark
Ted Dunning 2011-08-05, 16:04
Bleah.

Looks like mahout and hadoop projects need to be careful to put a space in
there.

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Shane Curcuru <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/**tarr?regser=serial&entry=**78980206<http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=78980206>
> http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/**tarr?regser=serial&entry=**78926399<http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=78926399>
>
> - Shane
>

> On 8/5/2011 11:54 AM, Ted Dunning wrote:
>
>> There is a significant chance that they haven't actually registered this
>> as a trademark and simply don't know what (R) means.
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Shane Curcuru <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>>
>>    I just saw this site, where SYSTAP has a bigdata (r) registered
>>    trademark on their, um, Big Data related software product:
>>
>>    http://www.bigdata.com/__**bigdata/blog/<http://www.bigdata.com/__bigdata/blog/>
>>    <http://www.bigdata.com/**bigdata/blog/<http://www.bigdata.com/bigdata/blog/>
>> >

>>    - Shane

+