HBase >> mail # dev >> History of the contrib dirs in the accumulo project?

History of the contrib dirs in the accumulo project?
I was testing the pig storage handler and was curious how it would ever get
released in an apache release.  (Either its own, or as part of the core
project?).

It took me a little while to find the code for ACCUMULO-142 -- it was
marked fix version 1.5.0 so expected to see it in the contrib subdir of
trunk and 1.5.

I'm trying to figure out what factors you all are concerned with when
relegating code to contrib or actually including it in a core release.   I
found and agree with the ownership discussion in ACCUMULO-548 around large
examples like the wikisearch example.

I wasn't able to find the rationale for the pig plugin.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera