HBase >> mail # dev >> Some fidelity commit log history lost in snapshot merge. :(

Some fidelity commit log history lost in snapshot merge. :(
The good news is that the snapshot merge worked -- all code in the
hbase-7290v2 branch is now committed in trunk.

The odd news is that the github view of the updated repo seems to be
missing some info in the commit log.  While all the code got merged in, the
individual commits logs after 2/13/13 did not and essentially got merged
into the final merge commit  (looking at the git blame, all the subsequent
fixes are attributed to the HBASE-7290/HBASE-6055 merge commit).  This
corresponds with where I created an svn-copy of the original hbase-7290 svn
branch called hbase-7290v2.  (I ran into some problems in the  hbase-7290
svn branch and couldn't revert properly or do the equivalent of a force
push.  Instead I created an svn-copy from the last good point in the
hbase-7290 branch).  My guess is that some combination of the extra svn
copy and the "svn merge --reintegrate" voodoo lost this information.

Here's a summary of the commits and authors that didn't make it into the
commit history during the merge.

HBASE-7889 ADDENDUM (convert @code to simplified @links)  (jmhsieh)
HBASE-7889 Fix javadoc warnings in snapshot classes, part 2 (Ted Yu)
HBASE-7864 Rename HMaster#listSnapshots as getCompletedSnapshots() (Ted Yu)
HBASE-7858 cleanup before merging snapshots branch to trunk (Ted Yu)
HBASE-7779 [snapshot 130201 merge] Fix TestMultiParallel (Ted Yu)
HBASE-7796 [snapshot 130201 merge] Fix TestSnapshotFromClient and
TestFlushSnapshotFromClient (Ted Yu)
HBASE-7764 [snapshot 130201 merge] Fix TestSnapshotCloneIndependence
failure (Ted Yu)
HBASE-7795 Race in the Restore Archiving (Matteo Bertozzi)
HBASE-7752 [snapshot 130201 merge]  Fix TestStoreFile failure (jmhsieh)
HBASE-7778 [snapshot 130201 merge] Tests with sleep after minicluster
shutdown fail due to interrupt flag. (jmhsieh)
HBASE-7788 [snapshot 130201 merge] Fix flakey
TestRestore*SnapshotFromClient#testCloneSnapshot (jmhsieh)
HBASE-7753 [snapshot 130201 merge] Fix unresolved merge conflicts (Ted Yu)
HBASE-7742 [snapshot 130201 merge] Fix
TestHFileArchiving#testArchiveOnTableDelete (jmhsieh)
HBASE-7739 Fix TestSnapshotFromMaster failure (Ted Yu)
Remove empty directories (HBASE-7209 followup) (jmhsieh)

Sorry about those who lost some credit in the repo.
Jon.
--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera