HBase >> mail # user >> Two simple questions about distributed mode

Re: Two simple questions about distributed mode
Hi Benjamin,

1) It depend if you want those 3 servers to be RegionServers or not. This
file is used bin/regionservers.sh to start the region servers. As Ted said,
it's not REQUIRED to have HBase running, but it's helpful to start the
instances. So I recommend you to add them to the list.

2) If you have added your region servers in the regionservers file, then
you don't need to start your region servers. They will be start by
bin/start-hbase.sh. That's the way I use on my 12 nodes cluster. If you
don't add your region servers to the file, then you will have to start them
manually.

So, I will definitively recommend you to add them to the file and simply
start your cluster using bin/start-hbase.sh.

JM