Pig >> mail # dev >> Are people ok with putting PIG-3017 into pig 11?

+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-10-30, 20:36
+
Julien Le Dem 2012-10-30, 20:40
Re: Are people ok with putting PIG-3017 into pig 11?
+1. Agree with Julien. Error on hitting Configuration's size limit is a
bug.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Julien Le Dem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> To me in falls in the category of bug fixes we can add to an existing
> version.
> It is not adding any feature, it is fixing a bug/issue
> It is well understood and limited to a specific area of the code.
> Julien
>
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Jonathan Coveney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > We have some scripts internally that have come up that are blocked on
> this,
> > and I can imagine as other shops continue to heavily use Pig, they may as
> > well. It seems like an easy, non-invasive change and I already did the
> > work, but technically we've already branched. I consider it a bug fix,
> > though, since it can be a show stopper for a data scientist.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> > Jon

+
Cheolsoo Park 2012-10-30, 21:16