MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: is time sync required among all nodes?

+
Harsh J 2013-06-05, 05:59
Re: is time sync required among all nodes?
Time sync is always a good idea if for no other reason than being able to collate logs when debugging.  Issues may also result if a client is expecting to reliably compare timestamps, ex. checking if a file has been modified.  NTP is very easy to use.

Also of note: kerberos is very sensitive to clock skew if you intend to enable security.

Daryn