Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Patching and JIRA?

+
Drew Farris 2012-10-13, 18:24
Re: Patching and JIRA?
I'd almost prefer all patches to be submitted as a link to a GitHub
repo, but since our SCM is SVN natively, I'm not sure how well that
would work. It would certainly be ideal if we had a native Git repo
for Accumulo... is the one on apache.org writable, or just a read only
view of what's in svn?

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Drew Farris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In the past, when I've used JIRA and uploaded multiple versions of
> patches to the same issue, I've simply used the same filename, and
> JIRA took care of putting a strikethrough in the listings for the old
> version of the patch, indicating that they were available but should
> be ignored.
>
> These days, it simply greys the old patch versions out. It makes
> things a little less clear as to which patches should be applied to
> obtain the fix.
>
> There is some value in maintaining a patch history, but in many cases
> old patches should be trashed to make it clear which patch should be
> applied to obtain the fix.
>
> Any patch posted should contain the entire change for a given issue,
> as opposed to requiring individuals working the issue to apply
> multpile patches to obtain an update.
>
> Does this make sense, or does anyone think patches should be handled
> differently?
>
> Drew
+
Benson Margulies 2012-10-14, 13:27