Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Is C++ code still part of 1.5 release?

+
David Medinets 2013-05-13, 03:22
+
Christopher 2013-05-13, 03:45
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-13, 14:40
+
Christopher 2013-05-13, 15:08
+
David Medinets 2013-05-13, 21:29
+
Eric Newton 2013-05-14, 02:48
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 14:26
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-17, 14:49
+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 15:53
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 18:04
+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 18:31
+
Keith Turner 2013-05-17, 18:46
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-17, 18:22
+
William Slacum 2013-05-17, 18:49
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 19:11
+
John Vines 2013-05-17, 19:17
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-17, 19:35
+
John Vines 2013-05-17, 19:51
+
Michael Berman 2013-05-17, 20:00
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-17, 20:20
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 21:12
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-17, 21:39
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-18, 02:11
+
Christopher 2013-05-18, 02:39
+
Dave Marion 2013-05-17, 22:01
+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 21:53
+
Drew Pierce 2013-05-17, 21:42
+
Michael Allen 2013-05-17, 21:19
The expectation that downloading it, untar'ing it, and running it
without compiling *does* (or should... that's what we're supposed to
be reviewing) work with the -bin that was produced. What you're
expecting to also work is one particular add-on feature that requires
compilation from source to work, as an optimization.

The -bin that has been produced is arch-dependent, and provided for
x86_64, el6-compatible convenience. There is *nothing* to stop anybody
from rolling another similar -bin package that is for a different
architecture or target OS.

Now, perhaps we should seriously consider simply omitting the native
maps add-on from the binary package entirely, so that our binary
packaging is noarch, and providing separate arch-dependent binary
distributions of those that need it (this is actually something I had
hoped to accomplish for 1.6).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii