Re: VOTE: HDFS-347 merge

> I assume you mean in trunk?  Given that ATM's proposal is to only
> remove HDFS-2246 from branch-2 once (a) we're confident in HDFS-347
> and (b) adds Windows support, and we won't be releasing from trunk any
> time soon -  from a user perspective - HDFS-2246 will only be replaced
> with HDFS-347 until it supports Windows.  Ie ATM's compromise appears
> to satisfy your requirement.

This means, HDFS-347 becomes available in branch-2 only when the
corresponding windows work completes. Given that there is interest
in HDFS-347 (see Andrew's email), not removing HDFS-2246 will make
it available in an Apache release sooner.

I am not sure why removing HDFS-2246 is so important in HDFS-347? Is it
because you need to spend bunch of time to rework the code to add it back?