HBase >> mail # user >> a question about assigning timestamp?

a question about assigning timestamp?
Hello,

>From the reference book "5.8.1.4. Put", if I issue a "Put" command without
specifying timestamp, the server will generate a TS for me! I wonder if the
"server" means the master node or regionservers? In my understanding, the
server means the regionserver, as the master will only tells the address
which client should interact to finish the Put operation. Am I right?

regards!

yong
+
Azuryy Yu 2013-07-13, 09:50