Accumulo, mail # dev - Re: Python client lib for Accumulo?

+
Edmon Begoli 2012-07-27, 03:15
+
Keith Turner 2012-07-27, 16:43
+
David Medinets 2012-07-27, 09:27
+
Edmon Begoli 2012-07-27, 11:19
+
Jim Klucar 2012-07-27, 11:37
+
David Medinets 2012-07-27, 12:50
+
Jim Klucar 2012-07-27, 13:01
+
Edmon Begoli 2012-07-27, 13:06
Re: Python client lib for Accumulo?
Adam Fuchs 2012-07-27, 13:16
One of the big challenges of connecting directly to the existing thrift
services is that there is a lot of logic imbedded in the Java client
libraries that would have to be recreated. This includes things like
finding tablets, managing multiple connections, handling tablet migration,
handling read and write threads, etc. Sapan Shah was working on building a
thrift proxy that would make native python bindings a lot simpler: see
ACCUMULO-482. Maybe we can encourage him to continue to work on that if we
all ask nicely.

Adam