MapReduce, mail # dev - How to add a new node to cluster?

Re: How to add a new node to cluster?
Deepak Sharma 2011-03-05, 13:36
Hi
Please see the steps below.

First, add the new node's DNS name to the conf/slaves file on the master
node.

Then log in to the new slave node and execute:

$ cd path/to/hadoop
$ bin/hadoop-daemon.sh start datanode
$ bin/hadoop-daemon.sh start tasktracker

Thanks
Deepak

--
Deepak Sharma