HBase >> mail # dev >> Coprocessor Loading

+
20seconds@... 2011-04-22, 15:05
+
Mingjie Lai 2011-04-25, 18:03
+
20seconds@... 2011-04-26, 07:29
Re: Coprocessor Loading
To get an idea how they are loaded, you can follow the HRegion constructor,
there is a call to instantiate CoprocessorHost.
      this.coprocessorHost = new RegionCoprocessorHost(this, rsServices,
conf);
Every Region has one instance of CoprocessorHost, and in its constructor,
you see calls to loadSystemCoprocessors(..), and loadTableCoprocessors(..).

If you follow the above calls, you should get the idea.

[Note this is a "Region level" coprocessor but its good enough to give you
an idea what happens for Master and Wal too. Then there are
EndPointCoprocessor, Observers(for Master, Region and WAL). Mingjie's blog
is a nice piece to get started with them.

Hope this helps,
Himanshu