HBase >> mail # user >> Re: HBase configuration using two hadoop servers

Re: HBase configuration using two hadoop servers
I'm new to HBase my self, and when first trying to learn its installation
path, I couldn't find a descent installation guide end-to-end (HDFS, HBase,
Linux specific stuff, etc).
I wrote an installation guide notes, which I'll be happy to expand into a
full fledge guide, if it can be added to the HBase wiki.
Those notes were collected from various locations such as: Horton Networks
blog, HDFS reference guide, HBase reference guide, HBase The Definitive
Guide, and other obscure blog posts.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> HBase just needs to know the address of the Namenode given via
> hbase.rootdir and that's it.
>
> How do you propose we improve the documentation in this regard?
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> J-D
>
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 8:26 AM, rockytriton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I'm finding the documentation for HBase to be very lacking.  I finally
> got it
> > setup so I can connect 1 hbase to 1 hadoop server though.  What I would
> > really like to do is have 1 HBase server connecting to 2 hadoop servers
> on
> > different boxes, so that the data is replicated.  Are there any
> tutorials on
> > doing this?  What would be the steps to take?
> >

> > --

Stack 2012-06-30, 14:53
+
Asaf Mesika 2012-06-30, 15:55