Hadoop >> mail # user >> NN Memory Jumps every 1 1/2 hours

Re: NN Memory Jumps every 1 1/2 hours
You did free up lot of old generation with reducing young generation,
right? The extra 5G of RAM for the old generation should have helped.

Based on my calculation, for the current number of objects you have, you
need roughly:
12G of total heap with young generation size of 1G. This assumes the
average file name size is 32 bytes.

In later releases (>= 0.20.204), several memory optimization and startup
optimizations have been done. It should help you as well.

--
http://hortonworks.com/download/