Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop sampler related query!

Re: Hadoop sampler related query!
Agreed with your explanation. One downside with your approach could be, if
we collect samples from the intermediate keys on demand it might limit the
partitioning to occur until all the mappers can complete and major downside
could be we need to keep all the intermediate records in memory (which may
NOT be possible) or need to write all the intermediate records locally
until all mappers complete and collecting the samples is done and then you
start partitioning the intermediate keys by iterating through all the
records one more time, which could also affect performance drastically of
the whole program.

Best,
Mahesh Balija,
Calsoft Labs.