Avro, mail # dev - A couple questions on the RPC spec.

Re: A couple questions on the RPC spec.
Jeff Hammerbacher 2010-06-08, 18:53
> Is this implemented across each of the languages or just a POC in the java
> source? I'm assuming that HTTP is implemented everywhere or in most of the
> languages? I am planning on adding support for HTTP in the C# port anyways
> but for my usage a lower level TCP implementation would be preferred. If
> the
> spec is not solidified I can just use HTTP for now.

Just use HTTP for now. I implemented the socket-based RPC in Python first,
but questions about how things were done there led to the filing of
AVRO-341. We'll get that one hammered out this summer for sure, hopefully
with your input.

Thanks,
Jeff