HBase >> mail # dev >> assignment - is master beeing a watchdog useful?

+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-12-05, 19:48
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-06, 01:20
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-12-06, 02:57
Re: assignment - is master beeing a watchdog useful?
On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Jimmy Xiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If this region server happens to be hot, it may take a while to open
> it.  If we don't time it out, the server may be even hotter.  If the
> region server could not open it here, other region servers may not be
> able to open it either.

I suppose the master can still 'timeout' the open if the RS is watching the
znode for the region it is trying to open.  The RS will notice that master
has assumed control in a callback and can then cancel any ongoing open.

St.Ack
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-12-06, 17:26
+