Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: config for high memory jobs does not work, please help.

Re: config for high memory jobs does not work, please help.
Take a look at the CapacityScheduler and 'High RAM' jobs where-by you can run M map slots per node and request, per-job, that you want N (where N = max(1, N, M)).

Some more info:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/capacity_scheduler.html#Resource+based+scheduling
http://hortonworks.com/blog/understanding-apache-hadoops-capacity-scheduler/

hth,